Today Gemma went in to get her 4 mo. shots. She is good and growing strong but what I loved most about her appointment was Jake. His response to her tears could not have been better. After her shots I held her out to him and he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and told her that "it's OK, Gemma" .
I am coming to find that even though I am good at getting shots and I don't mind my children getting them, it still breaks my heart to see them in actual pain. I first realized this when I almost passed out for the first time in my life when Jake had his surgery when he was 3 mo. old and they were haveing a hard time getting his IV needle to go in. They were holding him down and his little cries were so sad I had to leave the room and get some fresh air.
So when Gemma was letting out her sweet litlle cry and Jake came to the rescue I realized just how much I care about being their Mom.


No comments:
Post a Comment